Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bag of Tricks!

Writing. It often inspires stories, poems, or essays. Or it can leave you sitting at your desk, staring at the white sheet on your word processor, with that little blinking curser. You know the one that will often mock you as the clock ticks each minute as they pass. So how do you get past that horrible blinking?

Well I sure would like to know!

But here is what I keep hearing over and over from other writers. Read everything, the good and the bad. Write every day. Keep a journal of morning pages. Keep a list of writing prompts. Keep a list of words you like. All have the ability to inspire you.

I hope so, because I am applying some of those tricks to my own little back of tricks.  It also helps that today classes for this term started, and one of my classes is Creative Writing! It is what we had talked about today as well: keeping a journal, writing every day, and creating a list of great words. What I had also read recently was to create a writing schedule of topics or projects you have on the go.


So, we will see how it all goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment